A couple of weeks ago, one of my best girls and I had an unlimited sushi and drink-all-you-can wine at Umu.
Umu is a Japanese restaurant in Dusit Thani Manila, which I found out to be an upgrade of the previous restaurant Benkay, with (claimed to be award-winning) traditional interior and wood furnishings — A wall widely covered with rectangular wood plates written on in Japanese with food ingredients, ropes wound on piles (can’t think of a more appropriate word), huge sake jars, and an al fresco dining area with a koi pond. If the restaurant wasn’t dim, I might have appreciated the place more. But the dim lighting is generally fine as it adds to the ambience.
I’m uncertain if Umu is consistent with the serving choices, but at the time they had four to five kinds of sushi including tuna and salmon, a couple of sashimi, and several grilled food. They had red and white wine, beer, and juice for drinks. Though some may not be too satisfied with the small selection, I find it enough for the cost of PhP1200 per person. Usually, you can have only one or two bottles of wine with that amount. I almost had three bottles-worth of wine plus all the tuna I could eat… Damn, I definitely got more than I paid for. 😀
The unli-sushi nights are from Wednesdays to Saturdays, 6PM to 8PM. Umu is located at the ground floor of Dusit Thani Manila, EDSA, Makati City. If you want to try, reservation is highly recommended.
Since I’m blogging today, might as well add my Gratitude Monday. 🙂 I know I missed last week’s (again) for the reason that I was too occupied with ‘real life’ responsibilities. When I was done with that, it was already Tuesday and my eyes were exhausted. ^^;
Here are the things I’m grateful for:
- The long sleep I had last Saturday. If it weren’t for the dizziness, which is probably due to low blood pressure and/or possibly low blood sugar, I wouldn’t have slept. I was going through photos and about to drink my coffee, but spilled it all over my shirt because I thought I already had the mug at my mouth. Sometimes we feel we can still go on, but the body knows and will show when it wants rest.
- Unexpected fund that was a big help for some of my bills. 😀
- Meeting nights for the beauty blog, which is also another fortuity to be with great company.
- The unli-wine and sushi, of course.
- There are moments I would feel overwhelmed because of what I have and want to do, but there is somebody who would always listen to me and try to calm me down. ♥
Whenever I get to blog, I always feel I had a productive day. XD I hope you had a good Monday, guys!