Today’s the third day of heavy rains and several parts of Luzon are affected really bad including (the very urbanized) NCR. I’m glad and grateful there’s more unified action now than before. People have put sns into good use.
The following are links for everyone’s information on those needing help, evacuation/shelter sites, emergency contacts, and other important news.
- Evacuation and Relief Operations Centers
- Google Crisis Response for the Philippines — Includes person finder and shelter map
- Class/Work Suspensions — by Official Gazette PH
- Quick Ways to Donate @ Rappler.com — Please see this list if you would like to send donations. Even in this time of crisis, there are still people who would take advantage of those with good will. Please donate to the legit ones.
- Unified Major Philippine Flood Advisory hashtags from Twitter — Indexes tweets with #rescuePH, #floodsPH, and #reliefPH
Praying for the safety of those dearest to me and those who are and have been greatly affected by this ‘southwest monsoon.’
Right at this moment, the rain has stopped. I hope it stays that way until everyone is A-okay.