I am overwhelmed by the events of 2010 even if the start of the year was somewhat slow. I was still in the depression phase then because of Dad. Yes, I’m not ashamed to admit that openly. 😛 I was able to move on because of family and the right company.
My social life has gotten better in 2010. I got to meet a lot of folks from online with most from Plurk. I think we’ve all gotten braver in meeting up because times are a-changing. XD; LOL Seriously, I think people have realized the true value of friendship. The social networks now have helped increased the bond among those who used to be just strangers. Even if meeting in real life for the first time, it feels like we’ve known each other for so long, right? But I don’t make friends with just anyone. You may say I’m being choosy. I’m not. I just want quality friends. They are part of making me a better person. 🙂 I am thankful for knowing those online folks personally. You know who you are. You have given me lots of LULz and make me sane when I’m at my most vulnerable.
Blogging events have picked up around March or April. I think I have been to more last year than in 2009 which is good although I have slacked off in blogging most of them. That’s one thing I should do something about for this year. Must write faster! 8) There were many car shows last year too. The car shows in the later part of 2010 doesn’t compare with those from the early half and those in 2009 though. I started going to car shows in 2009. With the right weapon of choice, I was able to meet some ladies. Hrhr~
There are more I want to mention, but I’ll leave those in a separate post. 🙂 There may have been sad and painful times, but 2010 has been a generally nice year for me. I am grateful for everything.
How was everyone’s New Year’s Eve celebration, btw? It’s been quieter this year. Firecrackers have been prohibited in our barangay for hazardous reasons. I am not a fan of fireworks, but I like watching them. So thank goodness for our rooftop that I was able to watch fireworks from Pasay, Manila, and Ayala Makati.
Starting this year I won’t make resolutions because I end up not doing most of them. Haha~ I’ll try to live by these suggestions though. Some of them I already have been trying to do. 😛
21 Suggestions for Success
by H. Jackson Brown Jr.
1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
2. Work at something you enjoy and that?s worthy of your time and talent.
3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
4. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
5. Be forgiving of yourself and others.
6. Be generous.
7. Have a grateful heart.
8. Persistence, persistence, persistence.
9. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
11. Commit yourself to constant improvement.
12. Commit yourself to quality.
13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
14. Be loyal.
15. Be honest.
16. Be a self-starter.
17. Be decisive even if it means you?ll sometimes be wrong.
18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
19. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you?ll regret the things you didn?t do more than the ones you did.
20. Take good care of those you love.
21. Don?t do anything that wouldn?t make your Mom proud.
You know, it’s saddening to know there are people who could just corrupt other’s rights or control them for their benefit. That’s one reason why this New Year’s greeting and year-ender post has taken me time to write. I tried to find the motivation. So should this post seem boring or less chipper, you already know why.