- The search results page looks better now.
- The unnecessary spacing between list items are fixed.
- Links to social media I have accounts in and frequent have been added on the sidebar.
- The search form on the sidebar were updated to match the theme.
- Sharing options to Tumblr and Pocket in posts have been added.
- You can now use your WordPress, Twitter, Google+, or Facebook accounts when you want to leave comments.
Since the last site update, I had an insane 350 visits in ONE day. Returning the linked tags and mobile theme has to be regarded for it. The probability of my website to be included in search results of search engines has increased. There’s more for webcrawlers to access. People often on the go and on their mobile phones are added viewers. They can even browse my site better.
For my blog to have many visits and in a day even is great! Yet there are instances it is not so and it applies to that 350 visits. I know my blog is for anyone to read. But I do not find it normal to browse and search through it almost every day for hours. Even looking at posts repeatedly. My blog (nor of others) are not for such harassment or stalking. I used to not care and would post whatever I want or comes to mind. Well, I was mindful. (Mr. Gosling prefers that I do not share too much of our escapades; better if I don’t :P). I began to fully care because of the ‘blog harassment’ and when comments on supposedly private matters were posted (there’s a thing called email, fyi).
I had to do countermeasures. That explains why I had to remove the tags pages. The mobile layout was not available for this theme because, even if I could have just revised that from the previous one, it only loads in iOS.
Anyway, my blog’s hits were drastically affected, but at least the harassment lessened and spamdexing reduced. Though I know there are better solutions for the latter.
I felt so restricted with my own blog. Now that I try to put everything as they were, well, you should get what that 350 visits in one day means. I could ignore it. For now, I guess. People have too much time. 😉