There are 44 lipsticks in sheer, cream, and matte finishes under the new Lancome L’Absolu Rouge range and comes in a click-to-close plastic tube.
– Deeply replenishes, softens and moisturizes lips for up to 8 hours
– Lips feel comfortable and smooth for hours
– Intense color glides on evenly and looks satiny
– Help protect delicate lips against environmental damage
– The sleek black case features an innovative magnet closure system and looks undecidedly luxurious
– Patented Pro-Xylane™ and Ceramide V help restore moisture and strengthen the moisture barrier
– Contains the unique Moisture Locker Complex
– The Satin Color™ Complex ensures even dispersion of color; High Fidelity Pigments give rich, intense color
– Vitamin E safeguards lips against environmental damage
Its formula is said to be the same as the old version, however, I find the new one non-drying and the scent a tad milder than with the old formula. The lipstick doesn’t flake my lips at all even after hours of wear, yet I don’t find it moisturizing either. The scent doesn’t make my food or drink taste “floral” anymore.
I find Rouge Flamboyant comfortable on the lips that goes on smooth and opaque in a single swipe. It also lasts almost 7 hours even after a meal or mugs of coffee then fades evenly and leaves a stain. There are times I feel the lipstick has already come off especially after a meal, yet I would find it almost intact.
The chiseled tip–I don’t know how else to describe it–surprisingly makes application easy for my thin lips. I never experienced teeth stains with it. Bleeding though, yes, along the sides of my lower lips, which could be “normal” because of my thin lips.
The formula is very good, I kind of regret not getting more. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a matte lipstick. The packaging is classy too.
I ♥ to pair this lipstick with minimal makeup. Watch out for the details of this look in Glam Love. 🙂
Price and Availability
Lancome L’Absolu Rouge is about Php1300. I bought it at the Lancome boutique in Greenbelt 5, but they already closed some couple of weeks ago. While Lancome is still available in Rustan’s, I haven’t seen this new range in the Makati branch.
Let me know if you have favorites from this range. I want to know what other shades to look out for. 😉