I bought the Benefit the POREfessional Agent Zero Shine because a local beauty blogger raved how it’s good at oil/shine control. Having oily face, I’m all for anything that can control sebum. Read on below to know my opinion on the Benefit the POREfessional Agent Zero Shine.
POREfessional Agent Zero Shine is a loose powder that comes in this baby powder-like plastic case. 😆 Honestly, I’m not into Benefit’s packaging art, so I didn’t really pay attention to the brand.
The brush is quite handy and I like it’s unobstrusively placed at the base. It doesn’t take additional space in my handbag or vanity kit. But I stopped using it eventually because its bristles are prickly.
To use: Twist off built-in brush from base. Then tap powder into lid and dip brush. Sweep on moisturized skin or over makeup to instantly mattify your complexion.
- The powder is not translucent, but beige-yellow. I can’t think of the right color name. Anyway, it’s not an issue because it’s better than a powder that claims to be translucent when it gives a white cast instead.
- I used this on its own when I stayed overnight in a hotel and forgot my foundation. By itself, it actually kept my face matte longer than 3 hours and my skin tone looked even.
- When I used it to set my makeup as well as mattify my supposedly matte foundation, it kept my face shine-free for more or less .
- It works better for touch-ups as it keeps my nose, in particular, shine-free for more than four hours. But it doesn’t beat this cheap powder.
- Reduces the appearance of pores on the areas or sides near my nose.
- Doesn’t cling on to dry areas.
(I forgot the price, but will update once I find out again.)
Overall, I’m disappointed with this powder because it doesn’t really keep my face matte for hours; especially for its price when a cheaper one can do it better. But that’s not going to prevent me from using it. I use it on days I know I can have time to retouch. Also, it just occurred to me, I can include this in my in-flight essentials instead of decanted foundation. And all these time I’ve been worrying what to bring in my carry-on. 😆