Sleepless nights are worth it when with friends or gaming
I forgot why I missed last Monday’s gratitude log, but yesterday, besides work, I got hooked into “Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23.” My Amazon delivery and pasalubong arrived too, so I was playing with them before I realized I still had something to do.
Before I go to my gratitude list, I have something to say in regards to yaoifestvlogs. I did my best to regularly vlog every weekend. I still have one from the past couple of weekends, but I haven’t finished editing. I took videos with my GoPro and most of them are shaky. They make me dizzy, so the editing has been slow. Anyway, since I don’t have anything to really vlog about ‘regularly,’ other than anything unusual, I would most likely do events and trips. Probably some Snapchat compilation too. I feel bad when I start and invest on one thing then lose motivation or creativy on it. Also, the online world seems to be a competitive place.
I had to say that in case anyone is curious with the lack of videos.
So… Back to the gratitude log!
- Reservation with great seats for Captain America: Civil War tomorrow evening. I thought I was already late, but I’m surprised there weren’t many reservations.
- Glam Love had its first and successful online giveaway for this summer. I’m grateful we were able to have that finally, and for those joined and started following us.
- I may lack sleep & I know that’s unhealthy, but I enjoy those sleepless nights with friends (even for gaming). Worth it, I should say.
LOL! Here’s a better take:
- I was able to spend time with the boyfriend’s family again. Nakakatuwa sila kapag nagkukwentuhan.
Umu dinner in less than two minutes
This here’s a very short video of Joiz and I dining at Umu and enjoying the Japanese food and wine.
I sort of miss vlogging. :/
Old Philippine Peso bills
Since BSP released commemorative Philippine Peso bills, I began collecting them as souvenirs. But came December 2014, it was announced that old banknotes including the commemorative ones will be demonetized by January 2017. They can be used until last December 2015 and exchanged within this year of 2016. I intended to keep mine, but, alas, I couldn’t for reasons need not mentioned.
Umu’s unli-sushi and wine plus my gratitude Monday
A couple of weeks ago, one of my best girls and I had an unlimited sushi and drink-all-you-can wine at Umu.
Umu is a Japanese restaurant in Dusit Thani Manila, which I found out to be an upgrade of the previous restaurant Benkay, with (claimed to be award-winning) traditional interior and wood furnishings — A wall widely covered with rectangular wood plates written on in Japanese with food ingredients, ropes wound on piles (can’t think of a more appropriate word), huge sake jars, and an al fresco dining area with a koi pond. If the restaurant wasn’t dim, I might have appreciated the place more. But the dim lighting is generally fine as it adds to the ambience.
Art in the Park 2014
Trying to get things done in the office, so I haven’t been able to blog properly besides these throwback posts. Besides, it’s a waste not to show these old photos.
On this day in 2014, I went to Art in the Park with a couple of friends from a film photography group. I did a few rounds in the park mostly because I played Ingress. It was my first time to play there, so that meant new hacks.
There were a lot of good artworks and I especially liked the Ultraman drawing. The only drawback of the event was the expensive food stalls. ^^;
A day at Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum & US Botanic Garden Conservatory
Good Monday morning, everyone! Of course, I have the usual reason why I haven’t blogged and my supposed daily throwback in the US 2013 posts were delayed. But before that, I want to say that I feel relieved that I could get some rest days this week in spite of the actual reason why there’s a long non-working holiday. I plan on playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, while enduring the warmer summer days. It’s been known that the Holy Week is really warm.
So on the point of this post — Last March 7, 2013, my Mom and I went to The National Mall to visit some museums. A day won’t be enough to see all and since I’ve been to a few years before then, we only went to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum & the United States Botanic Garden Conservatory.
- I’m glad I was able to start this day and work week with an early rise. I made it to work at the proper time and was able to accomplish 90% of my tasks.
- I enjoy receiving messages from my Aunts abroad. I used to send snail mail to one of them when I was a li’l girl. Priorities do change as you grow old especially when there are more things you can’t or find difficult to tell your family like boy crushies or yaoi (LOL!). There’s nothing exciting with talking about school either. But as I’ve gotten older, I can relate to them in several ways. Thanks to technology, we can quickly exchange messages, photos, and videos. I also get updated on how my youngest cousin in CH is doing.
- I’m grateful for the quality time with my dearest friend and co-beauty blogger at Glam Love, Joiz, last Thursday night until Friday morning. We would meet from time to time or whenever we can, but we still had so many things to talk about. 😀 We walked from TAT Japanese Restaurant where we had our dinner to about four branches of Starbucks. We barely felt tired from the long walk because we kept talking and talking and talking… XD
- I spent the Sunday evening with my boyfriend over dinner, coffee, and video editing at Bo’s Coffee. A change of environment is what we needed.
… Be grateful for useless things. It is relatively easy to be thankful for the most important and obvious parts of life — a happy marriage, healthy kids or living in America. But truly happy people find ways to give thanks for the little, insignificant trifles.
The quotes above are from “Choose to Be Grateful. It Will Make You Happier.” by Arthur C. Brooks at NYTimes.com.
Visit my Flickr photostream
albums band practice birthday Christmas contests diet dinner downloads family figures film film pictures food friends gifts gigs K-pop K. Wasabi link share love love life lyrics memes mp3 music video news new year online quiz online survey pictures reviews: fanfiction Revoltech school selling shopping site updates sold items thank you to do toys video blog videos VOX weekend work